Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hope you are enjoying this...

After some consideration, I have decided to try comment moderation. This is how it will work.

1. When you comment here on quizote, you will not be able to see your comment immediately. It will be mailed to me and I can post it immediately or hold it for a while in case it has the solution.

2. This is to prevent the solution being made public before someone else has a chance to even look at the problem. If the solution is already posted, people do not have that much inclination to solve it. It could be curiosity or the fact that even if they take less time than someone else to solve it, it will not be the same.

3. But if you comment and if your comment does not have the solution, I will put it on the blog at my earliest.

4. I will update the comments with who has solved the puzzles so far. This way we can have multiple winners for one picture. But you will not know the solution until you solve it or I post the comments that had the solution.

5. I will publish all the posted solutions when enough people have solved it or enough time has passed or enough people have asked for the solution. This will be on a per puzzle basis. We can decide rules about this later.

I will let this post be at top for a day. I will change the comments thing when I post the next set of pictures. Lets try and see how it works.

Any suggestions are welcome.

2 comments:

Anand said...

Personally, I don't think it's a great idea. I think the only benefit of this is that you have to post fewer puzzles :-) Check what the other guys say.

Actually, what you can do is make a couple of guys like me and dixie owners of this blog as well so that we can also start posting puzzles. That way your load will go down as well, and you also get a chance to solve some puzzles.

Abhijit Dixit said...

I like that idea. I wouldn't mind spending some time coming up with pictures of my own too ... and this doesn't HAVE to be a picture blog, we could make it a puzzle blog since Nikhil has already taken care of the "fan following".